Benefits Of Orange Seeds
– Benefits of orange seeds that people are not aware of.
– The importance of taking oranges.
An orange is a citrus fruit, it is round with a thick yellow or green skin. Oranges are naturally sweet and juicy, this is why a lot of people like oranges over other fruits.
Generally, citrus fruit seeds contain cyanide compounds but they are not harmful. Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits.
An orange is a unique fruit as it has all its parts loaded with nutrients. Every part of an orange is useful in one way or the other, orange peel contains volatile oil glands in pits which have several health benefits.
Orange juice has its benefits too, so also orange seeds. When you eat an orange, do not just discard the seeds, they are also useful and contain certain medicinal properties that benefit the health.
The seeds of oranges are small and hard to break. They are usually present in all oranges, there can be no orange that will be without its seeds.
Often, people extract oil, Vitamins, and vital nutrients from orange seeds. These extracts can be used in food flavorings, health supplements, nd beauty products.
Some practitioners also use plant extracts or orange seed extracts in their treatment of diseases, such as arthritis, cancer and heart disease.
Benefits of orange seeds include the following;
1. Oranges are rich in vitamin C and their seeds inclusive. The vitamin C in oranges and their seeds is a powerful antioxidant that profits the body and the health.
2. People extract oil from orange seeds and this can serve as a cleaning product, which provides a fresh scent as well as cleaning and de-greasing abilities.
3. Limonoids and limonoid glucosides are citrus compounds that we can find in the seeds, peel, and fruit of citrus. They are effective against human breast cancer cells.
Limonoids are phytochemicals and might also help in decreasing LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol). They also help protect the body from mouth, skin, lung and breast cancers as well.
4. Orange seed oil also is a great conditioning agent when used in hair care products.
5. Oranges and their seeds also contain numerous antioxidants which protect the body from free radicals.
6. Orange seeds can also be ground into powder for use in cosmetics and skin conditioning products as well.
7. Orange seed oil contains palmitic, oleic and linoleic acids. Palmitic acid facilitates long-term storage of energy in human cells.
8. Also orange seeds provide a high-protein residue which is suitable for human and animal consumption.