Reasons To Eat Pawpaws
– The benefits of eating pawpaw.
– The role of pawpaw in the health.
Pawpaw is also referred to as papaya, it is a tropical fruit with a yellow and green skin. It has a sweet flesh and also contains black seeds.
Generally, papayas have a sweet and refreshing taste, and one can easily find them in the market. Papaya is a natural source of vitamins and minerals that are essential for the normal functioning of the body.
There are enormous benefits of taking pawpaws. These benefits include;
1. Pawpaws are rich in antioxidant nutrients such as flavonoids, carotenes, and vitamin C, as well as vitamin B (folate and pantothenic acid). These nutrients are highly beneficial to the health.
2. They also contain anti-inflammatory enzymes such as; papain and chymopapain. These anti-Inflammatory enzymes help to reduce inflammation in different parts of the body.
3. Also, the enzyme; papain present in pawpaws is a digestive enzyme that helps to improve the digestive system. It aids quick digestion.
4. Papaya is also a good source of fiber and minerals such as magnesium, these nutrients help to improve cardiovascular health.
5. The consumption of pawpaws also bring about an improved immune system, the antioxidants present in papaya play an important role in improving the immunity system of people.
6. They are also effective in treating arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Chymopapain as an enzyme present in papayas has a significant effect in controlling rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
7. A pawpaw fruit is also rich in fiber, vitamin C, nd antioxidants that lower the level of cholesterol in the body. These nutrients prevent the build-up of cholesterol in the arteries.
8. The antioxidants and phytonutrients components present in pawpaw help to combat free radicals and therefore protect the body from heart diseases and cancer.
9. The consumption of papayas also help to maintain the blood sugar level, they thereby prevent diabetes.
10. Pawpaws are also good for the eyes and the body as well.