Benefits Of Limes
– Some benefits of taking lime that you might not be aware of.
– The importance of lime to the health.
A lime is one of the several green citrus fruits. Quite a large number of us are aware of the citrus fruits that we have. Examples of citrus fruits are oranges, lemon, tangerine, etc.
A lime falls into the category of a citrus fruit but the only difference between a lime and other citrus fruits is the fact that a lime is smaller in size when we compare it to other citrus fruits. Also, a lime has a sharper and somewhat burning taste when we take it This and some other attributes of a lime make it different from other citrus fruits that we can find around us.
Furthermore, a lime is closer to a lemon in taste but its taste still differs from a lemon. Although, despite the sharp taste that a lime has, some people still regard it as sweeter than a lemon.
A lime is unique among all other citrus fruits and has a unique flavor as well. Generally, citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin A, C, and in other essential minerals that benefit the health.
However, the sharp or burning taste of a lime should not scare you aware from taking it. There are some surprising benefits that a lime has that will entice you.
Also, there are many ways to take a lime, you can boil it with your tea leaf and take it as tea. You can also take a lime like an orange, you can take the extracts or liquid of a lime as well.
You can boil it alone to take its water, it is highly beneficial to the health. Also, some people take lime by preparing it as soup, you can add spices to lime and prepare it as soup, it is also a good way of taking lime.
However, this citrus fruit is not without certain amazing benefits. The benefits that you can derive from taking limes include the following;
1. As a family of citrus fruits, a lime is very rich in Vitamin C and this is a vitamin that you should not miss even in your daily diet. The intake of vitamin C saves us from certain diseases or sicknesses that plague the human body.
2. When we talk about skin health, limes are fantastic for skin health. Applying lime extracts of the skin is a good way of rejuvenating the skin. This citrus fruit has an amazing effect on the skin, it fights skin infections and it also helps us to achieve a glowing and radiant skin.
3. Also, limes contain Flavanoids and vitamin c and these essential nutrients are important to those that have body odor. They help to reduce body odor in a great way. Even those without body odor can benefit from using lime extract.
4. Furthermore, due to the antioxidants and antibiotic properties in lime, manufacturers of cosmetic and skin care products add lime to their products. They add lime essential oil to these products.
Also, due to this essential lime oil added to the cosmetic products, they can help to combat as well as cure skin conditions. These skin conditions include dandruff, acne, rashes, etc
5. Also, the intake of limes can prevent certain types of cancer. The antioxidant limonoids content in limes can bring about the death of cancer cells.
6. Limes are also beneficial to the skin complexion. It is also a good remedy for skin blemishes.
7. Another benefit of taking limes is that helps to treat scurvy. Scurvy is a disease that occurs as a result of the deficiency of vitamin C.
Since limes are rich in vitamin C, taking them treats scurvy and get rid of its symptoms.