– Why it is important to eat guava fruits.
– Some reasons that will convince you to include guava in your diet.
A guava fruit belongs to the family of ‘Psidium guavaja’. It is one of the healthiest fruits that is readily available for human consumption. It is a tropical fruit with green skin and either white or pink flesh.
Also, a guava fruit has hard seeds that are stone-like, so when eating this fruit, one has to be careful of the stones, so that one will not swallow the stones.
Guava fruits are also delicious and unique in taste. They possess edible flesh which might be green or yellow in color. The inside of a guava fruit might also be pinkish or whitish in color.
Generally, there are a lot of health benefits that we can derive from eating fruits and this is why it is advisable that we eat at least a fruit per day.
Guava, however, has many potential benefits it contributes to the health. Unlike many other fruits, you might not get guava in stalls and supermarkets anytime you want them. They grow in season, so there are certain times that they might not be available in the market.
Guavas are enriched with vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to our health.
Eating guava fruits comes with ample benefits to our health, skin, eyesight, heart and many other parts and organs in the human body. The benefits of eating a guava fruit include the following;
1. Guava fruits are rich in vitamin C, this is a type of vitamin that is essential to the human health. Vitamin C helps us fight many diseases and cancerous cells in the body.
2. Being a rich source of vitamin c, antioxidants, and flavonoids, eating guava fruits help us lower the risk of cancer. It combats cancerous cells because it contains essential compounds such as lycopene, quercetin, etc.
Therefore, eating this fruit helps is to prevent colon cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer and even cancer of the lung.
3. Another benefit that we can derive from eating guava fruits is heart health. Guava benefits the heart in a lot of ways, it helps in regulating the blood pressure. Also, this fruit prevents a rise in the cholesterol level and maintain a good blood pressure.
This fruit is rich in fiber and this goes a long way to prevent us from developing heart diseases and sicknesses.
4. When it comes to the control of diabetes, guava fruits are also effective. This is why diabetic patients are meant to consume a lot of fruits especially fruits rich in vitamin c such as guava.
Guava is also rich in fiber and fiber intake helps us to lower the level of blood glucose in the body, which, in turn, prevents diabetes.
5. Also, eating guava fruits benefit your eyesight. Since this fruit is rich in Vitamin A, it aids a better vision. It also fights macular degeneration and improves the overall health of the eyes.
6. Digestive health is also another benefit that we can derive from the consumption of guava fruits. A guava fruit has the capability to fight indigestion, constipation and other gastrointestinal conditions.
Also, due to the fiber content of a guava fruit, it serves as a laxative. This works great for the digestive system.
7. Furthermore, a guava fruit is a natural body cleanser. It helps to detoxify the body and aids general health. Guavas also help to improve the immunity of the body.
8. The intake of guava fruits is also a good measure for a good eight management. To lose weight in a healthy way, take guava fruits.
9. This fruit also helps the skin in a great way, it fights skin problems.
10. Also, eating guava fruit alleviate the symptoms of quick aging.