– How to know that one’s body is deficient in vitamin C.
– The importance of essential vitamins in body health.
Vitamins refer to groups of organic compounds, they are essential in small quantities and they benefit the human body in a variety of ways.
For a healthy growth of the body, you need to take vitamins. Also, for a good metabolism, development and body function, the intake of vitamins is also important.
There are many vitamins that we can consume such as Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin b, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, etc.
Vitamin C is important in the human diet, it is one of the essential vitamins that the body cannot do without, this is why it is necessary that we include it in our daily diet
Also, Vitamin C helps the body growth, it is also good for the body organs and the circulatory system. Furthermore, vitamin C helps with the repair of various tissues in the body, vitamin C helps to prevent tissue breakdown as well as the breakdown of organs and systems in the body.
Also, when we talk about skin health, vitamin c is essential, it prevents the skin from damages and also helps smoothen the skin.
For bone health, dental health and the wellness of the muscles and cartilage, you must ensure that you have enough vitamin C in your diet.
When we have enough vitamin C in our diet, there are some benefits that we can get from it. Also, there are many foods that we can consume in order to get vitamin C, this is one of the reasons why vitamin c deficiency is not a common thing in our society.
Since the sources of vitamin C are what we can get around us and we eat most of them every day. Fruits are common sources of vitamin C, especially citrus fruits such as lime, orange, watermelon, strawberries, grapefruit, lemon, tangerine, etc. They are rich sources of vitamin C.
Vegetables such as spinach, green and red peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc are also good sources of Vitamin C.
Fish and milk are also rich in vitamin C.
However, when the body is deficient in vitamin C, serious issues can occur. Whenever, the symptoms of vitamin C deficiency surface, it is good to combat this deficiency with natural foods or dietary supplements that are rich in vitamin C.
When a person is vitamin C deficient, the following can occur;
1. When the body lacks vitamin c, scurvy can occur. Scurvy is a disease that is caused by the insufficient intake of vitamin C, this leads to the formation of livid spots on the skin. Livid spots are dark spots that appear on the skin.
Also, scurvy can cause spongy gums as well as the loosening of the teeth. So it is important to consume enough vitamin C in order to be free from this disease.
Scurvy can also cause you to bruise your skin quickly, this will also cause bleeding.
2. Also, a deficiency in vitamin c will cause breakdown of tissues in the body. Since vitamin c is responsible for tissue repair, a persistent lack of this vitamin will cause body tissues not to function well.
3. Another thing that can happen as a result of vitamin c deficiency is that new collagen will not be formed in the body. Vitamin C is also responsible for the formation of collagen. In its absence, the formation of new collagen might be difficult.
4. Fatigue can also occur as a result of vitamin c deficiency.
5. The person can also experience bone and muscles problems.
7. Also, vitamin c deficiency can lead to diverse oral problems.