– Why dandruff is rampant among people.
– The basic treatments and remedies for dandruff.
Dandruff refers to the scaly white dead skin flakes from the human scalp. It is also known as ‘Pityriasis capitis’. Dandruff is a condition that affects the scalp or the skin. Although, in most cases, it affects the scalp.
Parts of the body that dandruff can affect are; the head, the skin, the eyebrows, the side of the nose, it can also affect the armpits or the back of the ears.
This condition of the scalp is often chronic, although it is not contagious. Dandruff can be very stubborn and difficult to treat but this does not mean that there are no treatments that work effectively for it.
Also, this condition is harmless. When the scalp or skin is dry, this condition can occur. When you have a flaky scalp, it is as a result of dandruff. Itchy scalp can also occur.
In most cases, dandruff is rampant during winter because heat can contribute greatly to dandruff. A dry skin is also a major cause of dandruff.
A poor immune system can also be a risk factor for dandruff while some people inherit dandruff. If a member of the family has it or when there is a history of dandruff in the family, an individual is prone to developing it.
Age can also be a risk factor for dandruff. For instance, some people develop dandruff when they are growing older and it might affect them for either a short period of time or for a long time.
DSandruf can also affect children or infants. When you have the deficiency of vitamins and minerals that are essential to proper hair growth, you can also have dandruff. For instance, when there is a deficiency in zinc and vitamin A, this condition of the scalp can occur.
The common symptoms of dandruff include an itchy scalp, a crusty scalp or flaky scalp is also a sign of dandruff.
Furthermore, dandruff can arise as a result of irritated skin or oily skin (seborrheic dermatitis). Any area of the body that is rich in oil glands is bound to be affected by dandruff.
Whenever you notice the symptoms of dandruff, it is essential that you treat it without delay. You can consult a dermatologist to prescribe medications, creams, and ointments that can help you combat dandruff.
There are some ways to effectively get rid of dandruff, they include the following;
1. Have a good hair hygiene, wash your hair regularly, this is a good way to avoid dandruff. Also, make use of a shampoo that contains anti-bacterial components, it can help you reduce the flakes in your scalp, a medicated shampoo is a very good option.
Furthermore, after washing your hair, ensure that you apply essential oils to your scalp, they prevent dandruff from your scalp.
2. Lemon juice or lemon extract is an effective and natural remedy for dandruff. You can apply this juice to your scalp, it helps fight this condition of the scalp.
3. Another natural remedy for dandruff is coconut oil. Coconut oil helps the hair in a lot of ways. Apply coconut oil constantly on your scalp to get rid of dandruff. The outcome will really surprise you.
After, washing your hair, apply this oil to keep your scalp and hair moisturized.
4. Furthermore, you can use hair care products that contain antidandruff ingredients such as ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, salicylic acid, sulfur, coal tar, or zinc pyrithione, etc. They effective treat dandruff.
5. Olive oil is another natural oil that you can apply to your scalp to treat dandruff. After washing your hair, you can apply olive oil.