– How to go about the treatment of dandruff.
– Healthy ways to be free from dandruff.
Dandruff is also called ‘Seborrhoea’, it is a skin condition that we call seborrheic dermatitis. It affects the scalps of many people, both young and old, both male and female.
Dandruff is a scalp condition which is often caused by a fungus, Malassezia, which feeds on sebum (the oily matter secreted by the sebaceous glands on our scalp) and the dead skin cells which occur naturally due to the formation of new skin.
It can sometimes be embarrassing, which is also why a lot of people try hard to prevent it.
Before we can talk about ways to treat dandruff, it is important to state some of the things that are likely to cause dandruff. Some causes of dandruff include;
1. Poor hair hygiene is a major cause of dandruff.
2. Dry skin or dry scalp can also be another cause.
3. Your diet is also important, poor diet might be a cause.
4. Also, eczema, psoriasis or an overgrowth of a yeastlike fungus called Malassezia can cause dandruff.
Some simple ways to treat dandruff include;
Applying vinegar is one of the effective ways to treat dandruff. Vinegar helps in treating itchy, dry skin and also helps to kill dandruff-causing fungus and bacteria.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda also reduces overactive fungi that can cause dandruff. It helps you to have an itch-free and flakes-free scalp.
3. Coconut Oil
To nourish your hair and to keep your scalp free from dandruff, apply coconut oil on your scalp. This is very effective.
4. Lemon Massage or lemon juice
Lemon juice is natural and it also helps us treat dandruff without the use of harmful chemicals.
5. Moisturize your hair.
With a proper moisturization of the hair, you also can be free from dandruff. Wash your hair regularly and use a proper shampoo.