– Why you shouldn’t throw your orange peels away.
– The importance of orange peels.
It is a custom for quite a large number of us to throw our orange peels away after eating an orange, given the fact that we don’t know the benefits we can get from orange peels.
When we eat an orange, we dispose of the skin (peels).But there are certain benefits we can derive from orange peels. One medium orange contains over 60 flavonoids and 170 different phytonutrients.
They are good for your skin, as well as your system and your home too. You can take orange peel by mixing with salt and boil for few minutes. You can wash and dry orange peels, they can be used when dry.
Benefits we can get from an orange peel includes;
1. One of the benefits we can get from orange peel comes from its essential oils that contain properties that help to defuse stomach acids and prevent sluggishness in the abdomen.
2. They also aid digestion and help to prevent constipation, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, etc.
3. The essential oil in orange peels also helps to stimulate the skin balances the skin oils and makes skin smooth and soft.
4. Orange peels are also mosquito repellent, if you apply it on your body before leaving for outside, they are effective against mosquitoes.
5. Orange peels also help in removing dark spots and blemishes.
6. It also promotes normal liver function. It helps in removing phlegm and cures asthma as well.
7. Orange peel is also an effective means to cure insomnia. Essential oils from Orange peels are sedative in nature so can be used to calm nerves and induce sleep.
8. They also give the house fragrance and freshens the air.
9. Orange peels are also helpful in the circulation of blood and help to maintain a healthy blood pressure.
10.Orange Peel is the effective face and skin care as it cures blackheads, dead cells, acne, pores, blemishes, dark circles, dry skin, and it helps in keeping the face glowing.
Orange peels have enormous benefits they contribute to the health.