-Basic Foods For Freezer, Cupboard, and Freezer
There are a lot of activities involved in cooking that makes it stressful sometimes. To allay this unnecessary search of the items you have in your kitchen, you need to stock them up in the appropriate places they ought to be. The list below contains new ways of arranging your ingredients and recipes.
1. Oils And Oily Foods
– Cooking oil: corn, cottonseed, sunflower, safflower, and soybean.
– Soft margarine with not trans fat.
– Olive oil for dipping, dressings, and drizzling
– Mayonnaise-type salad dressing
2. Poultry, Meat, Fish Eggs, Nuts and Dry Beans
– Chicken breast
– Beans, dry or canned (with no salt added)
– Large eggs
– Fish (thaw overnight in refrigerator)
– Beef, ground, 90-95% lean
– Nuts like walnuts, almonds, etc
– Turkey cutlets
– Pork loin chops, without bones
– Peanut butter
– Canned tuna
3. Bread, Cereals and Other Grain Products
– Bread made of whole wheat
– Cereal (whole grain)
– Crackers (whole grain and lower in salt)
4. Fruits: Frozen, Fresh, Dried and Canned
– Canned: Oranges, and pineapple canned as juice
– Frozen: Berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc
– Dried: Dried cranberries, raisins, etc.
– Fresh: Apples, Oranges, Seedless grapes, and bananas
5. Vegetables: Canned, Frozen and Fresh
– Fresh Carrots: Bell Peppers, Onion, Tomatoes, Cabbage (shredded), and Lettuce.
– Frozen: Corn and peas
– Canned: Corn (with no salt), and tomatoes.
6. Milk and Its Products
– Yogurt (low fat or fat-free)
– Cheese, cheddar and other varieties
– Ice cream or frozen yogurt.
– Chili powder
– Black pepper
– Rosemary, dried leafy
– Italian seasoning (for salads and soups)
– Chicken broth (low salt)
– Vinegar (balsamic, white wine, rice vinegar or red wine)
You can also decide all your favorites, and cross out does you feel won’t work for you. Then, make your own list. Use what you have, it could be those glass jars that had been kept in the basement. You can store your ingredients in them.