– Things that are liable to cause stomach ulcers.
– How to know whether you have an ulcer and how to treat it.
When an individual has an ulcer, it means there is a sore area on the body, especially on the surface of an organ inside the body, which is painful and may bleed or produce a poisonous substance.
Stomach Ulcer occurs when there is a sore in the abdomen, sufererit causes a lot to pain sufferer. A stomach ulcer can also be referred to as peptic or gastric ulcers.
They have to do with sores in the digestive system, especially in the stomach, they are also open sores in the lining of the stomach because of the amount of acid present in the stomach.
Treatments of stomach ulcers depend on the cause. here are some of the causes of stomach ulcer:
- Excessive use of painkillers such as ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.
- Excess intake of alcohol.
- When an individual smokes too much, it can also lead to a peptic ulcer.
- Lack of good diet.
- Excessive consumption of peppery foods such as chilies, hot peppers, etc.
Symptoms of stomach ulcer include;
2. Nausea and vomiting are also symptoms.
3. Unexplainable weight loss.
4. Poor appetite.
5. Pain in the stomach region, etc.
Treatments of stomach ulcer;
1. Using anti-biotics is one of the major ways by which we can treat ulcers. Antibiotics help to reduce, block or neutralize stomach acid.
2. Flavonoids are referred to as “gastroprotective,” which means they defend the lining of the stomach and could allow ulcers to heal. They are also effective in the treatment of ulcers, flavonoids are present in foods such as; legumes, soybeans, apples, berries, etc.
3. Taking over-the-counter medications that contain calcium carbonate also help to treat peptic ulcers but should not be used as the primary treatment.
4. Probiotics are another means of treating peptic ulcers, they are the living bacteria and yeast that help keep your digestive system moving. Foods that contain probiotics include; yogurt, buttermilk, and others.
5. There are also certain foods that one can consume to treat stomach ulcers, they include; whole grains, garlic, honey, cranberry,fruits, and vegetables.
6. Consult a medical doctor, this is very important in the treatment of ulcers, seeing a doctor will help you know whether you need surgery or not.
Also, medications should be taken according to prescriptions, do not practice self-medication.