– Health benefits of soybeans.
– Why you should take soy products.
Soya bean is as Asian bushy leguminous plant. It is extensively grown for its nutritious, oil-rich and proteinous seeds. Because it is high in protein, people use it as a lactose and vegetarian alternative for a lot of foods.
Although it is a leguminous plant that has its origin in Asian, people cultivate it widely across the globe.The growth of soya beans is like the growth of other types of beans and legumes, it grows in pods.
Soya beans are available in different from such as; soya milk, tofu: a bean curd that we get by coagulating the soya with magnesium salts, miso: a fermented soy bean paste that we can use as a flavor, it is common in the Asian Cuisine.
It can also be in form of tempeh: popular as an Indonesian recipe, it is made by cooking soya beans and making it solid like ‘cake’.
There are many health benefits of eating soya bean, here are some of the benefits;
1. Soybeans contain isoflavone; this is a class of polyphenolic ( a phytochemical compound) that we can find in leguminous plants. This compound has many beneficial properties, and it serves as a basis for balanced and healthy diet.
2. Soybeans are rich in protein and they have the ability to increase the insulin receptor in the body. This helps to prevent diseases and also manage diabetes. Also, vegetarians include soya in their diet most times because it replenishes and nourishes the body.
3. Soya beans are also rich in iron and copper which are essential for the red blood cell formation. Consumption of soybeans also helps to improve blood circulation and oxygenation.
4. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals, soya beans are good sources of zinc, magnesium, calcium, selenium, copper, etc. The calcium nutrients present in soybeans help in building healthy and strong bones.
5. Soy beans help to stimulate the digestive system, it fights off constipation and other digestive problems.
6. Soybeans also improves sleep, because of the high magnesium content, it improves the quality of sleep.
Also, soy beans has the ability to prevent obesity and help in weight management. This leguminous plants is rich in the essential minerals needed for healthy growth.