Risk Factors For Stroke
– How does stroke plague a person?
– The causes of stroke that you should be aware of.
Stroke is a health condition that is characterized by either a partial or general disability of the body. When this condition occurs, the legs, hands, neck and some other parts of the body become disabled.
Also. a stroke occurs as a result of a loss of blood supply to the brain. If there is no steady blood supply, this condition can occur. There are two types of stroke, we have the ischemic stroke and the hemorrhagic stroke.
However, it is important to know that this condition just not just occur out of the blue, aside from the loss of blood supply to the brain, there are some other health conditions that serve as risk factors for stroke.
This is to say that before a person will have a stroke, there must have been some underlying health conditions that the person suffers from before this will occur.
The major causes and risk factors for stroke include the following:
1. The major cause of stroke is the loss of blood supply to the brain.
2. Also, there might be a blockage in the arteries that pump blood to the brain, a stroke will occur (ischemic stroke).
3. Another cause or risk factor for stroke is a leakage or rupture in the arteries.
4. Cerebral thrombosis is also a cause of stroke.
5. Also, when an individual has a history of hypertension, this is a risk factor for stroke.
6. A fatal accident that involves the brain or causes damage to the brain can also lead to stroke.
7. Also, when a person has a severe injury to the head or head trauma, stroke can occur.
8. Cerebral hemorrhage is another thing that can cause a stroke.
9. Having a family history of stroke or heart disease is another risk factor for stroke.
10. Other conditions that can lead to stroke include obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, high level of cholesterol in the body, etc.
Also, when a person drinks alcohol or smoke in excess, stroke and other health problems can arise.