– Some basic things that you should know before you start cycling.
– Safety tips for beginners.
Cycling is not just a mere activity that you attain professionalism is a day, the process is gradual and it requires good training.
As a beginner that has developed an interest in riding bicycles, there are some basic things that you need to know. Doing a thing without having a proper knowledge of it can cause so many dangers than good.
Cycling is good and beneficial to the health and this is why everyone must take up the activity of cycling. However, riding safely is important for a healthy living.
As a beginner the following cycling tips will help you even beyond the initial level of riding but even after you might have become a professional cyclist.
1. First, start by knowing how a bicycle works, master the essential parts of a bicycle and how they work as well. For instance, you can’t drive a car without knowing how to differentiate the gear from the turtle and so on.
So also before riding a bicycle, master all the parts such as the brake, handlebar, wheel, etc and master hor they function.
2. After the, before riding a bicycle, dress well. For every sport or exercise, there is always a mode of dressing. How you dress as a footballer will be totally different from how you will dress if you want to play rugby.
For cycling, wearing a helmet is of utmost importance, cultivate the habit of using it at all times. You should also wear a dress that fits riding.
3. Also, it is important that your posture while riding is a good one. Maintain a good posture on the bike before you start riding it. Ensure that you are sitting comfortably on the bicycle.
4. Master the traffic rules in order to avoid accidents.
5. Know your lane so that you will not run into oncoming vehicles, keep to the side of the road.
6. Also, do not ride with your heads down, look up so as to see oncoming vehicles.