– Why whey protein is good as a diet.
– The importance of taking whey powder.
Whey powder or whey protein has its origin from milk. Basically, milk contains two proteins; casein protein and whey protein. However, whey protein is formed as a by-product of cheese making. That is, it is during the process of making cheese that we get whey protein which can also be in form into powder.
That is, it is during the process of making cheese that we get whey protein which can also be in form into powder.
It is also correct if we refer to whey protein as the thin liquid that is left from sour milk after the solid parts (curds) have been removed. It is a mixture of globular proteins that we separate from milk during cheese production.
Also, nutritionists regard whey protein as a complete protein because it contains all the 9 essential amino acids and is also low in lactose content.
It can also be a supplement, this is why people market it commonly as a dietary supplement.
It is also important to note that whey powder is rich in its composition, it contains beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin and immunoglobins.
Health benefits of whey protein include;
1. It helps to help improve muscle protein synthesis and promote the growth of lean tissue mass, it preserves the muscles.
2. Whey protein supplements help to prevent hypertension, it reduces the development of heart diseases and stroke. It is also effective in lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Another health benefit of consuming whey protein is that it aids weight loss, it also prevents obesity.
4. Whey protein is also embellished with anti-cancer properties, the use of whey protein concentrate (WPC) and glutathione help in the modulation of cancer treatment.
5. When it also comes to quick recovery from injuries, whey protein can be of great help. Athletes with sports injuries frequently need more protein to help them heal.
It also helps the immune system, especially people with asthma, whey protein contains vital compositions that will improve the immune response to asthma.