Benefits Of Onions
– The importance of taking onions.
– Benefits of onions that people do not know.
An onion is a round vegetable with many layers inside each other, it has a brown, red, white and at times purple skin.
Onions have been used over the centuries as an ingredient in various dishes in many parts of the world.
Onions have a strong and pungent smell, they also have a unique flavor. We can eat onions raw, we can cook them before eating and we can also fry, dry or roast them.
We can also take onion juice as it performs the equivalence of what an onion does to the body.
Although the pungent odor of onions might keep people away from them, they are good and have a lot of health benefits they contribute to the health.
We can find onions as an ingredient in almost all the recipes the people consume all over the world.They contain components that help us fight illnesses and diseases.
Apart from it being an ingredient in dishes, it has some medicinal properties that aid healthy living. Some benefits of taking onions are;
1. Onions have antibiotic, antiseptic, antimicrobial and carminative properties to help you stay away from infections and also keep you healthy.
2. Also, they have certain properties that help to detoxify the body, the help us to flush out the unwanted toxins from the body.
3. Onions contain allyl propyl disulfide that helps to reduce the glucose levels by increasing the amount of insulin.
Onions are also low in fat and cholesterol, they help in reducing the blood sugar levels.
4. They are also good for the digestive system and promote gastrointestinal health.
5. Onions are rich in flavonoids, and this help to reduce the risk of cancers; colon cancer, oral cancer, stomach cancer, ovarian cancer, etc.
6. They are also effective for treating coughs, bacterial infections, and respiratory problems.
W.H.O.also supports the use of onions for the treatment of poor appetite and preventing atherosclerosis.
7. Onions are also good for the skin, they stimulate hair growth, relieve urinary disorders, prevents blood clot ( if you inhale a piece of onion, it can stop bleeding), they protect against allergies and also have anti-inflammatory properties.