– What is the cause of blockage of the artery?
– The major treatments for this condition.
The artery refers to a blood vessel from the heart and this blood vessel is often responsible for conveying blood away from the heart to other parts of the body.
The coronary artery is an artery that arises from the aorta, it carries the blood from the heart to all parts of the body except the lungs.
However, when there is a blockage in the coronary artery, there will be a hindrance to the flow of blood from the heart to other parts.
And when the flow of blood is hindered or when the flow is not appropriate, symptoms of angina can occur.
Poor circulation of blood or blockage of coronary arteries can lead to severe aching, tiredness, and pain.
There are different levels of the severity of this blockage. While some are mild, some occur at the extreme.
The treatments for coronary artery blockage include the following;
1. In mild cases, doctors can prescribe medications to treat it.
2. Also, coronary artery angioplasty and stenting are used mostly when the case is severe.
3. The use of intravenous fluids is also a way of treating it.
4. Cardiac monitoring and blood pressure monitoring are also helpful.
5. Surgery is another way of treating this condition. The surgery can be a coronary bypass surgery, in most cases, the aim of carrying out a coronary artery bypass surgery is to provide blood flow to the arteries by bypassing the obstruction.
Treatments for coronary artery blockage helps to achieve a proper flow of blood around the blockage. It also helps to restore the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the part of the heart.