– How coronary heart disease affect the body health.
– The causes and symptoms of coronary heart disease.
Coronary artery disease refers to a disease that is usually caused by the accumulation of fatty deposits in the coronary arteries that supply blood to the myocardium ( the muscular substance of the heart).
We can also refer to it as coronary heart disease, this disease affects quite a large number of people.
This condition also leads to a plaque buildup in the body, that is, an accumulation in artery walls that consist of macrophage cells ( white blood cells) and debris containing lipids.
Basically, an artery is a blood vessel from the heart that is responsible for carrying blood from the heart to other parts.
If this coronary disease affects the arteries, they become rigid and narrow and this will hinder the rate at which they convey blood away from the heart.
When there is a plaque buildup in the body, there will be cholesterol deposits that affect the functionality of the arteries.
Coronary artery disease is very common as it affects a lot of people.
The major sign of this disease is a heart attack. When this disease has plagued an individual, it often comes with a heart attack.
There are certain risk factors that contribute to the development of coronary heart disease, some of the include the following;
1. Unhealthy blood pressure ( this can either be when the blood pressure is too high or too low).
2. An increase in the level of bad cholesterol in the body is also a risk factor.
3. An alarming rise in the blood sugar level.
5. Age is also a factor, coronary artery disease affect older people more.
6. Eating an unhealthy food is also a risk factor.
7. Excess physical activities.
9. Being overweight, etc.
The major symptoms of this heart disease include shortness of breath, heart attack, fast heartbeat, pain in the chest, etc.
Whenever you notice any sign, visit the doctor. It is also important that you go for a constant check-up.