– What to do whenever you are sneezing.
– Simple ways to prevent and treat sneezing.
At one time or the other, we all fall, victims of this condition, we find ourselves sneezing uncontrollably that we can not even predict the next time we are going to sneeze.
Often times, sneezing is associated with cold, it is during cold weather that a lot of people sneeze and contact other conditions that relate to a cold weather such as cold and catarrh and sometimes a cough.
When you sneeze, you expel air as a reflex, that is, you eject air as an automatic response to a stimulus. Often, this reflex is as a result of an irritation in the nose.
This process of expelling air as a reflex action is also referred to as sternutation. Sternutation can actually serve as a defense mechanism that the body uses in responding to certain situations.
However, one can snees for a brief period of time and it will end, at the same time, it is possible to sneeze frequently that this will now become very annoying.
The main causes of sneezing include;
1. An irritation in the nose.
2. When particles find their way into the nose, they can tickle or irritate you and this will make you sneeze.
3. Airborne pollution can also cause it.
4. Allergic reactions are also another cause.
5. Cold weather can also make people sneeze frequently. It is common for more people to sneeze during springtime.
However, there are certain home remedies for sneezing that help to overcome it, some of these remedies include;
1. Take a cup of tea or chamomile tea to stop sternutating.
2. Taking a cup of nettle tea is also effective because stinging nettle is rich in iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, and vitamins A, C, and D.
3. You can also inhale lemon oil to relieve or stop sneezing. Generally, citrus oil help to stop sternutation.
4. Take a lot of vitamin C, this is essential.
5. Inhaling the smell of crushed cloves of garlic can also help.
6. Eat foods that are rich in quercetin. Quercetin is a flavonoid and it is one of the best anti-histamines provided by nature. It stops your body from producing histamines which will, in turn, stop you from sneezing.
7. Avoid dust and specks of dirt entering your nose.
8. You can also use a towel soaked in a warm water to clean specks of dirt off your nose.
Whenever you notice that you are sneezing, do not neglect it, find means of overcoming it.