– Causes of eye strain.
– Basic treatments for eye strains.
An eye strain refers to tiredness or pain in the eyes. When you use the eyes for a long period of time especially on a particular item, tiredness or pain in the eyes will occur.
Many of us undergo different activities during the day, the way an engineer uses his eyes will be different from the way a nurse uses his or hers.
This is to say our physical activities also contribute to the wellness of the eyes.
If you are the type that stares at the computer screen for a whole day lengthy hours or, there is a high probability that you will suffer from eye strain resulting from the excessive use of the eyes.
Eye strain occurs when your eyes get tired from intense use, such as driving a car for extended periods, reading, or working at the computer.
However, when you have a strain on the eyes, though it might be annoying and make someone uncomfortable, it does not lead to eye damage it is not a disease.
The causes of eye strains include the following;
1. Improper or excessive use of the eyes.
2. Exposure of the eyes to light or sunlight can also cause it.
3. Also, another cause is uncorrected defects of vision.
4. Fixing one’s gaze on the computer screen excessively is also another cause.
5. Anything that requires intense eye use can also cause fatigue, such as; reading, writing, driving, spend a lot of time in a place that is too dim.
Also, the following are the symptoms of eye strains;
- The tiredness of the eyes or eye fatigue.
- Pain and discomfort in the eyes.
- Headaches also accompany the pain.
- Blurry vision ( it can also mean double vision to some people).
- Burning and itchy eyes.
- Difficulty in concentrating.
- Sensitivity to light.
When you have a feeling of tiredness in your eyes, it is important that you stop whatever might be causing it.
However, if the symptoms persist, see a doctor.