– The major causes of waist pain that you should know.
– How to treat or relieve an individual from a pain in the waist region.
The waist refers to the part of the body between the pelvis and the stomach. It is also the narrow connection between the spine and the abdomen.
It is the area between the lower part of the rib cage and the upper part of the pelvic region, this is to show us that the waist is a very part of the body.
Pain in the waist region can as well suggest that one will also experience pain in both the stomach and the pelvis. The pain can either be mild or severe.
Waist pain is also regarded as a lower back pain. Pain in the waist area refers to an unpleasant sensation and a discomfort in the waist region.
There are a number of things that can cause someone to experience pain in the waist, some of them include;
1. An overuse of the body, especially the waist. This entails bending too much, lifting heavy things, pushing and pulling consistently, etc.
Generally, stress is a risk factor for pain, excessive stress can induce pain on any part of the body.
2. Bad sitting posture is also another risk factor. if you are the type that sits in a particular position for too long, you can experience pain in your waist.
Also, if you have a poor sitting posture or sitting on a chair that does not give support to the back appropriately, it can cause waist pain.
3. An injury that affects the waist or the lower back can also lead to waist pain.
4. Herniation of disc happens to be the most common cause of pain in the lower back. Herniation occurs when there is an increased pressure on the spinal cord which pushes the cartilage to the sides and gives rise to nerve compression resulting in pain in the waist area.
5. For women, pregnancy can be a cause of waist pain.
The symptoms of waist pain include;
- Pain and discomfort in the lower back.
- An ache in the waist region
- Stinging or burning pain is also another symptom.
- There will also be a difficulty in standing up straight and in doing activities such a bending, pulling and pushing and carry out certain tasks.
The type of pain that occurs determines the type of treatment that would be carried out. But generally, ways to treat a pain in the waist include;
1. Visit the doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
2. Taking over-the-counter medication to relieve the pain is a way of treating a lower back pain.
3. Taking injections can also help. There are certain injections that help to manage waist pain.
4. Surgery is another way of treating it.
5. If it is a minor pain, you can also go for a massage.
However, it is important to know that there is the need to treat a pain in the lower back without delay. Failure to treat it in time can lead to a great damage to the waist, back or the spinal cord.