– Simple ways to treat a skin rash.
– The risk factors of a skin rash.
A skin rash refers to a skin condition that comes with an irritation, inflammation as well as reddening of an area of the skin.
When there are rashes on the skin of an individual, it might be as a result of an allergic reaction and it can also be as a result of an abnormal change in the skin texture.
Environmental factors can also contribute to the development of this skin condition. For instance, if the environment and the air is polluted by harmful chemicals, individuals can start reacting to this and it will lead to skin rashes.
That is, when chemicals come in contact with the skin, one can develop a skin rash. One will start noticing that the skin color is becoming reddish, there can also be a minor swelling of the area as well as gross irritation.
Common skin rashes include eczema, poison ivy, hives, etc. These rashes often come with the discoloration of the skin.
These rashes can cause embarrassment, especially in social gatherings, in fact, individuals that have them avoid social gatherings as much as possible.
Also, causes of skin rashes include;
- Allergic reactions.
- The dryness of the skin.
- Bacterial infections.
- Stress can also cause it.
- Fungal and viral infections can also cause it.
The common symptoms of a skin rash are;
- Skin redness
- Inflammation of the skin or slight swelling of the skin.
- Dry, scaly, or crusted skin.
- Irritation of the skin.
- Continuous scratching of the skin is also a symptom.
There are certain things you can do to get rid of these skin rashes.
1. Moisturize your skin frequently.
2. You can also visit a dermatologist for a professional skin treatment.
3. Avoiding situations and activities that can cause sweating and overheating.
4. Reduce your stress level.
5. Try to have a baking soda bath
6. Apply apple vinegar