Most ladies cant do without makeup. from a wide range of face powder, eyeliner, lipstick, some ladies when they don’t apply make up have this incomplete feeling of nakedness, especially if you are a constant user. For some, applying makeup is a part of their daily routine in dressing up. But the boost in self-esteem that you feel is not enough to cover up the negative effects of makeup to your skin.
Not all cosmetics are not good for you. Due to the fact that they can reverse what you are trying to achieve with regular use.
Negative Effects of Using Makeup:
1. Bad for the Eyes and Eye Area
Whether it is foundation, mascara, or any other product, they can cause harm to your eyes and the area around there:
• Wrinkles around Your Eyes: Using foundation is one of the most important parts of applying makeup. But using this every day can actually make face wrinkly, especially under and around your eye area. This part of the face is very sensitive, so make sure you don’t go too hard on this area when you apply makeup. If possible, skip it.
• Losing Eyelashes: For those who love applying mascara, here’s something that is not too appealing for this eye makeup: the lashes may become hard, but brittle. This can cause them to break and fall off. If possible, use mascara only on a few occasions.
• Eye Infections: Mascara, eye shadow, and all kinds of eye makeup can ruin your eye health. You could develop itchiness, red eyes, and even cysts in the eyes. Use these eye cosmetics as minimally as possible.
Makeup can unfortunately age you faster with these permanent effects:
• Skin Dehydration: Makeup can dry out the skin, causing it to look tired and rough.
• Damaged Skin Collagen: When new skin cells don’t grow anymore and the healing process of the skin takes slower than normal, this can lead to wrinkles and fine lines that cannot be treated without any cosmetic procedure.
• Saggy Skin: Makeup can damage the tissues of the skin as well, which can cause the skin to lose its elasticity. As a result, you look older than your age.
Makeup can also mix with bacteria and other pollutants, which can contribute to an older appearance.
3. Other Effects
Makeup can also give you these negative side effects:
• Larger Skin Pores: When makeup residue stays inside your pores, this can cause acne and other skin infections. Furthermore, this can enlarge your pores.
• Dry and Dark Lips: For heavy lipstick users, your lips can look like you’re always dehydrated.
• Skin Discoloration: some cosmetics can leave pigmentations on the skin.
• Headaches: There is scientific proof that chemicals in makeup can give you headaches.
• Skin Cancer: Regular use of makeup increases your risk of getting cancer.
As much as possible, go natural. If you really can’t and aren’t comfortable, slowly switch to natural remedies, such as drinking more water, eating healthy, and consuming medicinal herbs.
Dr Krish Stevens
BBM channel: C0027831D