Ten Things You Should Know About Infidelity
Although infidelity is generally condemned, so many people are still involved in it. Infidelity hurts and destroys relationships yet people still seem to be casually unfaithful to those they came to love. This is sometimes because many people do not really understand the nature of what they are doing and the consequences of such actions.
On the other hand, those who have suffered infidelity also need to understand some things about why people cheat.
Here are ten things to know about infidelity;
1. “Marriage brings together not just a man and his wife but their children and their struggles. To suddenly drop the partner who has carried that load with you along life’s journey for all these years for someone with no strings or worries attached is cruel. Marriage is not a commercial enterprise in which you replace a car you have tired of with another one.” ― Ravi Zacharias
2. Apologies don’t mean anything if you keep doing what you’re sorry for.
3. If you cheat on someone that is willing to do anything for you, you actually cheated yourself out of true loyalty.
4. Infidelity is does not come from a lack of love; it comes from a lack of respect.
5. Love grows where trust is laid, and love dies when trust is betrayed – Tigress Luv
6. Those who are constantly accusing their partners of cheating are often the ones who are doing the dirty deed themselves.
7. Tell a lie once and all your truths become questionable.
8. While infidelity reflects an incredibly deep violation of marital trust, it is usually a symptom and not the cause of a distressed marriage.
9. “Lies and secrets, they are like cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind” – Cassandra Clare
10. Real men (and woman) stay faithful. They don’t have time to look for other (wo)men because they are too busy looking for new ways to love their own.