– The common causes of eye pain.
– The signs of eye pain that you need to know.
When an individual is experiencing eye pain, there is a feeling of disgust and discomfort in the eyes. The person might also experience a painful sensation coupled with an itching and swelling of the affected eye.
The eye is a vital organ of the human body. It is also one of the most sensitive parts because it reacts to things quickly. the eye serves as our visual sense, it is by it that we notice or see things that are happening around us.
Any pain or infection that affects the eyes might lead to the loss of sight and might even result in total blindness.
The pain in the eye might be a mild one and it can also be severe, depending on the cause of the pain.
There are diverse causes of eye pain, some occur due to infections while some might be because of a wound or an injury. People sustain injuries from accidents, falls, etc and these can result in eye pain.
Also, if the cause is minor, the pain might get better on its own and the eye will be normal. But in some other cases, there might be the need to seek medical attention in order to alleviate the pain.
As soon as one notices or starts feeling pain in the eye, it is of utmost importance to treat the eye.
Also, there are symptoms of eye pain, some of the symptoms of eye pain include the following;
1. Tears might start rolling down of someone’s eyes.
2. Also, one can experience red and itchy eyes otherwise known as ‘Conjunctivitis’
3. It is also possible that the eye will swell.
4. Pain and discomfort in the eye is another symptom.
5. The individual might experience a high sensitivity to light ( photophobia).
6. A headache might occur.
7. Blurry vision or unclear eyesight.