Work Roasted sweet potato, pistachio and pomegranate salad
A little prep means this recipe is so easy to throw together in the morning, getting you fully set for work. Just roast your veg in advance, cook the freekeh and shake together the dressing the night before.
Ok, let’s get down to business because you all need to make this salad. I love this salad because it is SO easy and so fresh! I will start with the roast sweet potatoes which are pretty much my all time favorite food. Roasted sweet potatoes are better than candy if you ask me! Cut them into cubes, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast away! Sweet potato perfection!
Ready in Cooking time Prep time
55 minutes 45 minutes 10 minutes
25g pistachios, roughly chopped
1 small clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
500ml vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
50g pomegranate seeds, plus any juice from the pack
100g tenderstem broccoli 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
250g sweet potato, cubed
50g baby leaf spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Toss the sweet potato with half the oil and plenty of seasoning. Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until tender and golden brown. Add the broccoli for the last 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the freekeh. Place in a pan and cover with the vegetable stock. Simmer for 30-35 minutes, until tender but still with a slight bite. Drain, and set aside.
3. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the remaining olive oil with the pomegranate juice, white wine vinegar, honey and garlic.
4. To serve, toss the freekeh with the roasted vegetables and spinach. Reserve a spoonful of both the pomegranate seeds and pistachios, and stir the remainder through the salad.
5. Sprinkle over the reserved pistachios and pomegranate seeds, then drizzle with the honey dressing.
How does it look? looking nice and appetizing right.. Then your sweet potato, pistachio and pomegranate salad is ready to serve you for the day…#winks
Hey don’t forget to leave your comment in the comment box should this tips and simple methods was of great help to you. Cause that’s how we get to serve you better….