– The causes of fracture that you might not know.
– How to know when a person has a fracture on the bone.
A fracture simply means breaking a thing or having a particular part of something in pieces. So, when there is a fracture in the bone, it means that there is a breakage in the bone. It also means a broken bone.
When you fracture your leg, it might mean that the bone in the legs has broken, they are no longer in their right places.
A bone fracture comes with a lot of pain and discomfort on the part of the body which it occurs.
The skeleton of the human body consists of bones. The bones are also attachment points for muscles which allows us to run, jump, sit, kneel, grasp, and lift.
There are certain things that lead to a fracture in the bone, some causes of bone fracture include the following;
1. A high force impact on the bone can cause fracture of the bone. This happens to be the most common cause of bone fractures.
When you exert a force on the bone and this can be in form of a fall or even a blow, the bone might not be able to withstand the force and this can cause fractures in the bone.
2. Excess stress on the bone can also cause a fracture in the bone.
3. Also, falls, accidents and serious injuries can make an individual fracture hid or her bone.
4. A bone fracture can also be as a result of medical conditions such as cancer, osteoporosis, osteogenesis, etc. These health conditions weaken the bone and can, in turn, lead to a fracture.
Fractures that occur due to a disease can be referred to as pathological fractures.
There are many types of fractures, they include; avulsion, comminuted, and hairline fractures.
The common symptoms of bone fractures include; Pain and discomfort in the area, swelling and bruising of the area, inability to carry or lift heavy objects, bleeding might also occur.
Often doctors detect fractures through an X-ray or sometimes through MRI or CT scan.
When a bone fracture occurs, it is necessary that we carry out proper process to treat it. Ways to treat bone fractures are;
1. Allowing the bone to heal through a natural process, this involves giving the bone optimum conditions to heal.
2. Immobilization is also another means to treat a bone fracture.
3. Surgery can also be carried out.
4. Using plaster casts or plastic functional braces to hold the bone in position until healing takes place is also another way of treating it.
5. Also, using metal plates and screws, Intra-medullary nails, external fixators, etc are techniques that doctors use in treating bone fractures.
Do not neglect the care of your bones, failure to treat a bone fracture can lead to bigger problems.