– The importance of cleaning your ears in a right way.
– How to be careful when cleaning the ear.
Ear hygiene is important, it is necessary that we clean our ears to avoid the buildup of wax in the ear which can, in turn, lead to ear blockage.
However, there are many methods that we can use to clean the ear, to get rid of the excess wax in your ears, you need the help of a cleaning material such as cotton bud.
Also, in the bid to ensure the cleanliness of the ears, it is essential that we do it the right way. Do not insert sharp objects into your ear so that it will not undergo damage.
Some people make use of hair pins, tweezers, pens and pencils, straws, paper clips and even toys in cleaning their ears but all these are not really good for the ears.
Do not use pins, needles, and other harmful material to clean the ear. The best material to use is a cotton swab. However, one needs to be careful with its use because there are also certain dangers that are attached to its use.
A cotton swab is a small piece of absorbent material that we can use to clean the ears. We can also use it to clean wounds or take samples of body fluids.
Although, using a cotton swab ensures the neatness of the ear and helps us to avoid the buildup of earwax, also, they seem harmless. But it also has some bad sides.
The dangers of using cotton swabs in cleaning the ears include the following;
1. Using cotton swabs can be dangerous to the ears, especially if it is not used properly. It could also cause hearing loss or a cause a damage to the ear canal or eardrum.
2. Also, a cotton swab can drive earwax up against the eardrum and this is actually dangerous. This can rupture the eardrum or can cause an impaction that will lead to hearing loss.
3. Also, when you remove earwax constantly, it can cause dryness to the ear.
4. It can also cause hearing loss.