– Ear hygiene: how to prevent hearing loss.
– Keeping your ear clean and healthy.
The ear is an important part of the body. It is the auditory organ: the organ meant for hearing. The absence of the ears posit that hearing will be difficult, that is, without the proper functioning of the ears, it will be difficult to hear what people are saying.
Given the importance of the ears, it is important that we take good care of the ears. There are diverse measures one can take to ensure good hygiene of the ear.
Some simple ways to take adequate care of the ear include the following:
- Removal of the buildup of earwax from the ear is an important way to take care of the ear. Although the earwax is the ear’s mechanism for self-cleaning, if it is too much, it can block the ears and cause hearing loss.
- Also, you need to avoid the use of fingers or ear buds to clean the ear, this can cause damage to the skin or even lead to ear canal infections.
- Avoid loud noise, it can affect the ears. You can also wear ear protection to prevent the loud noise from damaging your ear.
- Another way to ear hygiene is by drying your ears after taking a shower or bath and even after doing exercise such as swimming.
- Also, clean your ears properly with the right materials. Do not clean your ear with any sharp object which may damage the ear canal or eardrum.
- If you notice any pain in the ear, go and see the doctor without delay.
- Also, do not use earpiece or headset too often; these can affect the ears adversely.
- Clean your ear with care using good cotton buds.
- Cultivate the habit of using a helmet when you are on ski or bike to prevent head injury which will affect the ears.
- Do not abuse drugs; take medications only on prescription because some drugs can actually affect the ear negatively.