– Oral care and dental care.
– Why it is important to change one’s toothbrush at a regular interval.
Your toothbrush is a tool that is useful in the care of the mouth. A toothbrush is simply a brush used with toothpaste for the cleaning of the teeth.
It is important that we take care of our mouth so as to prevent it from dispensing odor and other unpleasant smells.
Brushing the teeth is one of the vital ways by which we take care of the mouth. Cleaning the teeth prevents it from smelling and also from decay.
Since it is the toothbrush that we use in cleaning the teeth, it is important that we take good care of the brush.
Also, one of the ways to take care of our toothbrush is by keeping it far from the wall. After some people finish brushing their teeth, they put the brush in a container near the wall, this is not good.
Insects can infect your toothbrush, even wall geckos can lick the toothbrush and this is not good for our mouth.
Changing one’s brush at a regular interval is also necessary. Replace your toothbrush every 3 months or even before 3 months.
Some reasons that will make you change your toothbrush include the following;
1. Old toothbrushes do not clean the teeth thoroughly, they will leave your teeth indented with stain, this is why it is important to change one’s brush.
They can also make the teeth or mouth become smelly, they cause bad odor.
2. Also, a new toothbrush cleans the teeth better than an old one.
3. When you also use your brush for too long, it begins to wear off, the brushes will start to pull out because they are weak, this is a signal that the toothbrush needs changing.
Also if your toothbrush shows obvious signs of wear and tear or becomes dirty. However, you should not wait until this happens before you change it.
4. Also, an old brush looses it stamina, you will notice that the brush is not in a good condition when the bristles are beginning to bend out of shape, then, it is time to replace it with a new one.
5. Bacteria buildup is another reason to change one’s toothbrush. The longer it stays, the longer there will be bacteria build-ups.
That is why it is advisable to always rinse the bristles after you use it, rinse under a running tap. You should also put it in an upright position so that it can dry properly.
Another thing one can do is by soaking the brush in mouthwash to keep it safe from bacteria and to sanitize it.
A clean and well in-shape toothbrush contributes to the oral health. It is important that you use a good and a clean toothbrush.