– Why do people have shoulder impingement?
– Ways to treat it when it occurs.
Impingement occurs when there is a painful crash or impact on any part of the body or an object.
Many times, quite a number of us experience a pain on our shoulders that we cannot account for, we often wonder what is the cause of this pain?
At times, the pain becomes so unbearable that we are even unable to use either the shoulder or the arm properly.
However, shoulder impingement syndrome is a common cause of shoulder pain. This is a condition that occurs when there is impingement of tendons or bursa in the shoulder from bones of the shoulder.
This impingement involves a painful sensation and a huge discomfort of the tendons or bursa in the shoulder.
A tendon is a tough band of inelastic fibrous tissue that connects a muscle with its bony attachment.
Bone irregularity and joint abnormalities are risk factors for this syndrome.
When an individual has this shoulder impingement syndrome, it can also lead to a partial tear of a rotator cuff tendon or the inflammation of the tendon ( tendinitis).
Also, if an individual has this syndrome, the following are the symptoms that will accompany it;
1. Persistent pain in the shoulder.
2. A burning sensation in the shoulder is also another symptom.
3. Also, difficult to use the arm or shoulder might occur.
4. Body weakness and most especially, the weakness of the shoulder.
5. General body discomfort and discomfort in the shoulder.
To detect this condition, patients often undergo an x-ray.
The treatment of this impingement can be with the use of anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.
Taking proper rest might also be effective. However, visit a doctor for proper treatment and prescription of medication.