– Causes and symptoms of cervical cancer.
– How to prevent cervical cancer.
Cancer, as many people already know, is deadly and has fatal effects on the health.
The cervix in the female organ is the narrow part of the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina. Cervix is often referred to as the neck of the womb.
Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells on the cervix. It also affects the entrance to the uterus (womb).
When discovered early, cervical cancer can be well-treated. It is usually found at a very early stage through a Pap test, survival rates are good if it is caught early.
Also, in the early stage of cervical cancer, one may not have any symptoms at all, this is why it is good to carry out tests on a regular basis, go for check-ups.
Causes of cervical cancer are;
1.The majority of cervical cancer cases are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus).
2. Having many sexual partners or becoming sexually active early is also a risk factor.
3. Also, the cancer is as the result of the uncontrolled division and growth of abnormal cells. Abnormal cells do not easily die and they continue dividing.
4. Smoking increases the risk of developing cancers, including cervical cancer.
5. Also, when an individual has deficiency in the immune system or has a weakened immune system, there is higher risks of cancer.
Symptoms often do not begin until the cancer becomes invasive and grows into nearby tissue. When this happens, the most common symptoms are:
1. Bleeding between periods and after sex.
2. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, bleeding after menopause are also symptoms.
3. Having menstrual periods that are longer or heavier than usual.
4. Discomfort during sexual intercourse is also a symptom.
5. Smelly vaginal discharge and vaginal discharge tinged with blood.
6. Pelvic pain, etc.
How to prevent it;
- HPV vaccine helps to successfully prevent HPV.
- Avoid multiple sex partners.
- Do constant check- ups, you can also go for a pap test.