– Symptoms of bladder cancer.
– Ways to avoid it.
Bladder cancer is a deadly type of cancer, although, it is not as rampant as some other types of cancer, nevertheless, it is deadly.
The exact cause of bladder cancer is unknown. It occurs when abnormal cells grow and multiply quickly and uncontrollably, and invade other tissues.
Although, some researchers gave reports that it is often caused when urine is held for loo long in the bladder.
There are different types of bladder cancer, some of them include; Transitional cell carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Adenocarcinoma.
People with bladder cancer may experience different symptoms or signs. Sometimes, people may have any of these symptoms which might be another medical condition that is not cancer. Diverse symptoms of bladder cancer include:
1. Strong and constant pain when urinating. Cancer of the bladder always comes
with pain or burning sensation during urination.
2. Blood or blood clots in the urine (hematuria).Many people with bladder cancer can have blood in their urine but no pain while urinating.
3. Frequent or excessive urination. People also have the symptom of feeling the need to urinate many times throughout the night.
4. Pain in the abdominal region.
5. There is also the sign or symptom of feeling the need to urinate, but not being able to pass urine.
6. Pain in the lower back around the kidney.
Other symptoms that serve as pointers to bladder cancer are fatigue, weight loss, anemia, bone pain, bone tenderness, pain in the anal or pelvic region etc.. These can indicate more advanced disease which is different from bladder cancer.
Since the cause is not yet known, it is important to take some measures to prevent it. Preventive measures include;
- Avoid smoking cigarette and drinking alcohol.
- Do not hold your pee.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Avoiding other carcinogenic chemicals