– The important nutrients that we can get from a potato.
– Some vital reasons that will make you eat sweet potatoes.
Potatoes, whether Irish or sweet have a lot of nutrients and benefits they contribute to the health. In this article, our focus is on sweet potatoes.
A potato is a plant tuber and we can eat it in diverse forms. Just like any other tuber, it is rich in carbohydrates.
Potatoes are rich in vitamins and mineral such as potassium, phosphorus, B-complex vitamins and vitamin C.
They are best when they are boiled with the skin. If you peel the potato before you boil it, you lose a half gram of the protein in it.
Potatoes are rich in calories and fat, and they have high fiber content. However, eating potato does not mean you will be fat.
A potato has a high nutritional value which makes it beneficial to the health. There are many benefits of eating potatoes and they include the following;
- A sweet potato has a concentration of vitamin B6; this vitamin is an important nutrient that helps chemical reactions takes place.
Vitamin B6 is also essential for the creation or formation of new cells in the body.
- Also, due to the Vitamin B6 content of a potato, it gives cardiovascular protection; it fights against cardiovascular diseases as well as free radicals in the body.
- Another benefit of eating a potato is that it can help to reduce inflammation and constipation.
- Potatoes can also help in reducing blood pressure, they contain certain nutrients that aid blood and body health.
- Sweet potatoes also contain phytochemicals that ward off diseases that include heart diseases, liver diseases etc.
You will do yourself a whole lot of good by enlisting the nutrients-loaded food in your diet.
Potatoes are everywhere and they are cheap to get. Eat healthy foods to stay safe and healthy.