– How dairy products benefits the health.
– Reasons to consume dairy products.
Dairy products are products that we derive from animal products such as milk. There are many dairy products and we eat one or more on daily basis ( though, for some people, it is not every day).
Examples of dairy products include milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, tofu, etc.
However, eating low-fat dairy products is beneficial to the health in a lot of ways. When you eat products that contain excess fat, they tend to increase the risk of obesity and some other health conditions.
Despite the fact that eating fat and oil is essential to the health, excess fat is detrimental. This is why you need to select low0fat dairy products in your choice of dairy products.
Eating these dairy products can help us achieve a good health status as well as an impressive body growth.
The health benefits of eating low-fat dairy products include the following;
1. They are good sources of protein. All dairy products are rich in protein and protein is one of the essential nutrients that the body needs to regain health. However, we should not consume protein in excess, it can be dangerous to the health.
2. Also, low-fat dairy products such as low-fat milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc contain an enormous amount of calcium that benefits the health.
Calcium is needed for healthy and strong bones, it also helps to build strong teeth. low-fat products support both bone health and oral health.
3. Also, a low-fat milk has the ability to help lower or reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
4. These dairy products also play a role in the reduction of the risk of breast cancer.
5. Aside from the fact that these dairy products are rich in protein and calcium, they also contain other nutrients that are essential to body growth and development.
Some of these nutrients include; potassium, magnesium, vitamins A and D as well as probiotics.