– The benefits of unripe plantain to the health.
– Reasons to consume unripe plantain.
Generally, plantain contributes a lot of health benefits to the body both in its ripe and unripe forms.
There are certain nutrients and vitamins that plantains contain that are good for the health. Essentially unripe plantain is unique, it has specific roles it plays.
An unripe plantain is rich in fiber, potasium, Vitamin B6, serotonin, magnesium, Vitamin A, C, calcium, etc.
You can eat plantain in different ways, boiling frying, roasting and even turning it into a powder and using it as ingredients in the preparation of some delicacies.
There are many health benefits of eating unripe plantain. some of them include the following;
1. Eating unripe plantain is good for heart health, it is rich in fiber and fiber helps to maintain a good cholesterol level and also combat the risk developing any heart disease.
An unripe plantain contains serotonin which helps to dilate the arteries. It also helps with the improvement of blood flow as well as the reduction of cardiovascular diseases such as coronary artery disease and stroke.
2. It also contains phytonutrients that help to prevent an ulcer.
3. ANother vital benefits of unripe plantain are that it aids bone health, it helps to build and strengthen the bones, muscles as well as the teeth.
Unripe Plantain is rich in calcium which is the essential mineral needed for stronger bones, muscles, nails, and teeth.
4. Unripe plantains are also low in fat and salt.
5. Due to the presence of potassium in unripe plantain, it helps to maintain a good heart rate and blood pressure. Thereby, it reduces the risk of hypertension and other heart disease or cell damage.
6. It is also good for a good skin complexion, Vitamin B6 in it ensures this.
7. Eating an unripe plantain builds immunity against disease and free radicals.
8. It is also a meal that aids weight loss and ensures overall body health.