– The importance of peanuts.
– Values that peanut adds to the health.
Peanut is a fruit of the plant ‘Arachis hypogaea’, it is a legume that resembles nut. Also, it is referred to as groundnuts, since we obtain or get them from the ground.
They are nuts that are everywhere, wherever you go, you can always get peanuts.
Peanuts grow in a very surprising manner. They actually start out as an above ground flowers. The flower eventually bends towards the underground, which is where the peanut actually matures.
Peanuts are taken as snacks by most people, they are available in different forms like boiled, shelled, unshelled, roasted, salted etc.
We can eat peanuts in its oil form, also, taking peanut butter is another form of eating a peanut.
Eating peanut benefits health in many ways, it also benefits skin health. Here are some of the benefits of eating peanuts:
1. They are rich in monounsaturated fats this makes this legume an ally for a healthy heart. They are goog for heart health.
2. Peanut contains minerals, vitamins and other nutrients that serve as sources of energy to the body.
3. Peanuts are also good sources of vitamin E, niacin, folate, protein, and manganese.
4. Also, because peanuts have high protein content, they are processed into a variety of forms including butter, oil, flour and flakes.
The amino acids present in them are also good for proper growth and development of body
5. Peanut contains anti-oxidants that prevent heart strokes from happening.
These antioxidants in peanut are more active when we boil them.
6. It also contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids that prevent coronary diseases. It also helps in increasing ‘good cholesterol’ in the body.
7. Another benefit we get when we eat peanut is it helps in regulating blood sugar.
Other benefits include: it improves heart health, it prevents cancer, it improves memory, it helps fight depression and diabetes among others.