– Reasons that will make you eat cashew nuts.
– Why eating cashew nut is essential to the health.
We can derive cashew nuts from cashew fruits. They are the hardy part of a cashew fruit. Cashews are super nuts that belong to the family of Anacardiaceae.
Cashews are kidney shaped fruits that people cultivate in places that have tropical climates. Generally, fruits benefit the health in many ways.
A cashew fruit contains essential phytonutrients and vitamins that benefit the health. So also the nuts.
Cashews are very nutritious they contain proteins and essential minerals including copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
It is also rich in vital vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin B1 (thiamin), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B6, folate, vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) and vitamin K (phylloquinone).
The health benefits that we can derive from cashew nuts include the following;
1. Cashew nuts monounsaturated fats that are good for the heart, these fats include healthy dietary fats that aid heart health.
The oleic acids in a cashew nut are very healthy for the heart. They are cholesterol free and the antioxidants present keeps you away from heart diseases.
2. These nuts contain proanthocyanidins and high copper content that wade off cancerous cells.
3. They also contain essential vitamins that help the nervous system as well as the respiratory system. It helps us build strong muscles that help the body.
4. Also, if we eat cashew nuts in appropriate quantities they can maintain a good cholesterol level by reducing the bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) in the body. It also increases good cholesterol (HDL cholesterol) in the body.
5. Cashew nuts are also rich in calcium and magnesium which aid bone health. Magnesium also aids healthy nerves.
6. Eating cashew nuts also aid digestion, fights macular degeneration and also fight free radicals.
We can not underrate the importance of cashew nuts to the health.