14 Phrases Defining what ‘I Love You’ really Means
The funny thing about love is the fact that it’s hard to put into words. Love happens and there’s no perfect explanation why and how it did.
Love stirs up emotions that run the gamut from agony to ecstasy, and can inspire us to accomplish some of the craziest and most amazing feats. Luckily, some the world’s greatest artists, poets, musicians and hopeless of romantics (like you and me) have managed to articulate the magic of love using words so simple and perfect, sharing them can mean the world.
Here are 14 of the best lovequotes you will find online, perfect for sharing with that special someone. There’s no way, we couldn’t have put these inspirational phrases better ourselves.
1. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” — Victor Hugo
2. “The bestLove is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” —‘The Notebook’.
3. “I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.” — (Unknown)
4. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” — Leo Tolstoy
5. “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.” — Les Miserables
6. “I’m much more me when I’m with you.” — (Unknown)
7. “In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.” — Theodor Reik
8. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” —Woody Allen
9. “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.’” — Tom Hanks
10. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
11. “It’s a very dangerous state. You are inclined to recklessness and kind of tune out the rest of your life and everything that’s been important to you. It’s actually not all that pleasurable. I don’t know who the hell wants to get in a situation where you can’t bear an hour without somebody’s company.” —Colin Firth
12. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
13. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” — T. Tolis
14. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” —Angelita Lim