– The importance of aromatherapy.
– Things to note about aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is the use of selected essential oils in an effort to promote health and to affect mood. It involves the practice of using volatile plant oils for both psychological and physical well-being.
This form therapy can take the form of using fragrances in lotions and inhalants to enhance better health.
It is also a good substitute for medicine, it can be aromatically inhaled by patients of a wide variety of health conditions.
Most countries that are into the practice of aromatherapy include England, India, U.S.A and France.
Although aromatherapy has been in existence for a very long time, it was when steam distillation came into being that it was possible to extract the essential oils from plants.
Importance if aromatherapy include;
1. Due to the essential oils present in aromatherapy, it has the ability to reduce anxiety. It also helps in stress relief because the oils are relaxants.
2. Also, with regards to inhalants, when we inhale the essential and natural oils into the lungs offer both psychological and physical benefits.
3. The natural essential oil helps to stimulate the brain and can supply therapeutic benefit. It helps to speed up healing process when applied to a wound or an injury.
Essential oils are stimulants that aid quick recovery and healing, this is why these oils speed up the healing process and help to reduce pain and relief discomfort.
4. The oils also aid beauty and the skin.
5. It also improves mood, it boosts energy, it helps the memory and helps to boost cognitive states.
6. It also helps to strengthen the immune system, the essential oils aid digestion, aid or induce sleep, prevents insomnia and relieves a headache.
Aromatherapy also helps to combat joint and muscle pain, rashes, respiratory disorders, skin problems, depression and digestive disorders.