– Some simple techniques of toasting sesame seeds.
– Sesame seeds and their cooking styles.
A sesame plant is a tropical Asian plant also referred to as ‘ Sesamum indicum’. This plant bears or produces small seeds and these seeds serve as food and we can also derive sesame oil from the seeds.
These seeds are tasty and this is why it is surprising that people use it all over the world for different cuisines. Also, sesame seeds can be in two colors, they can either be black or white.
Also, we use sesame seeds in the preparation of different delicacies and sesame oil is also essential and can be used in cooking.
Surprisingly, when you toast sesame seeds, you can also enjoy them, even more than you do when you cook them. When you toast sesame seeds, the flavor that emanates from it even entice you to eating it.
The same way you can use sesame seeds in different delicacies, you can also use the toasted ones in many recipes. You can sprinkle them on your dishes, they are so crunchy and tasty.
However, toasting these seeds is simple and does not require any rigorous effort. There are some tips that can help you toast sesame seeds in a quick way.
Also, you can purchase the raw sesame seeds and bring them home to toast them. Some tips that will help you when you want to toast sesame seeds include the following;
1. Prepare your oven. you can also make use of a stovetop.If you are using an oven, preheat the oven ( preferably to 180c).
2. Also, you need to prepare the raw sesame seeds that you want to toast.
3. Line a cookie sheet on the oven tray.
4. Then proceed by pouring or sprinkling the seeds on the sheet placed on the tray.
5. Put in the oven and check it every 5 minutes to prevent it from burning. You can turn it every 5 minutes, then take it out when it is golden brown in color.
6. If you are using a stovetop, you have to pour the seeds in a dry and clean frying pan. Put the frying pan containing the sesame seeds on the stove, then keep stirring till it turns golden brown.