– The importance of sesame oil to the health.
– The health benefits of sesame oil.
Sesame oil is an extract from sesame plant, especially sesame seeds. This oil is very useful for diverse purposes. It has therapeutic effects and can also serve as a flavor on foods.
That is why many chefs use this oil in the preparation of different delicacies and cuisines around the world.
Aside from the fact that sesame oil adds an amazing flavor to the food, it is great and friendly to both the skin and the hair.
Sesame oil is enriched with certain nutrients that are essential to the health. for instance, it is rich in zinc, organic compounds, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, etc.
Although this oil that comes from sesame seeds is not as popular as vegetable oil and some other oils it has great benefits it contributes to the health and this is why sesame oil is gradually gaining popularity all over the world.
The health benefits of sesame oil are highlighted below;
1. Sesame oil has a fantastic effect on the oral health. It helps to reduce the number of Streptococcus mutants( a gram-positive bacterium) in the mouth.
It also helps to reduce both teeth plaque and mouth saliva and this boosts dental health. Also, it can help to whiten the teeth.
2. Also, using sesame oil on the skin helps the elasticity of the skin. Sesame seeds are rich in zinc and this mineral increases the collagen and elasticity of the skin.
Applying this oil on the skin also helps to soothe burn, repair skin damages and give us a glowing and radiant skin.
3. Sesame oil is also effective in combating diabetics.
4. Due to the benefits, it has on the skin, sesame oil is used in massage practices. it has a soothing and amazing effect on the skin.
5. Also, due to the magnesium contents in this oil, it helps in reducing high blood pressure and helps to maintain a good blood pressure.
6. An antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound known as sesamol present in sesame helps to promote heart health.
7. It also improves hair quality, it helps in growing a long and healthy hair.
8. The intake of a good amount of sesame oil helps in improving bone quality, bone growth, and development.
9. Also, due to the anti-inflammatory agents in sesame oil, it reduces inflammation, swelling of the joints and can also help to reduce the discomfort of conditions such as arthritis.
10. Also, the calcium content in sesame oil is very beneficial for preventing colon cancer. This oil also contains an organic compound called phytate, this is effective for the reduction in the development of cancer.
The magnesium level in the oil also lowers the chances of colorectal cancer.
For more information on sesame oil for hair loss, click here