– Health benefits of zinc.
– Why zinc is important to the health.
Zinc is basically a chemical element, it is a bluish-white metal. Zinc, which is actually a type of metal, is an essential trace element.
When people hear the importance of zinc to their health, they assume or conclude that zinc is just needed once in a while by the body. Many people disregard the importance of zinc to the health probably because of its association to metal.
However, zinc is important to the body. It has some essential benefits it contributes to the overall health. There is an amount of zinc that the body needs every day in order to function effectively. It is mostly found in grains and legumes.
Zinc should not be taken excessively neither should it be of low proportion to the body. Taking high doses of zinc for a prolonged period can interfere with the body’s absorption of other important minerals, including copper.
Also, there are side effects of zinc deficiency in the body. In order to get the health benefits of zinc, it must be in an adequate proportion.
The benefits of zinc include;
1. Zinc helps with hormone production, as well as hormone growth and repairment.
2. Zinc plays a role in maintaining skin health, it heals cuts and wounds and treats other skin infections.
3. It also improves immunity and facilitates digestion.
4. Zinc is useful for cell division.
5. It fights chronic diseases like cancer because it has the ability to act as an anti-inflammatory agent, this makes it have therapeutic benefits.
6. It acts as an antioxidant within the body by fighting free-radical damage and slow down the aging process.
7. Zinc also improves fertility both in men and women.
When there is deficiency in the intake of zinc, the following would occur;
- Hair breakage or hair loss.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Problems of appetite, digestive problems.
- Weak immune system and hormonal problems.
- Skin infections and irritations, etc.