– Health benefits of nutritional yeast.
– Why people take nutritional yeast.
Nutritional yeast, commonly known as nooch, people also call it savory yeast. It is popular among people, especially the vegetarians or people that are on a vegan diet.
Nutritional yeast is unique because it provides a protein that is usually found only in animal foods. It also contains all nine essential amino acids that we can obtain typically only from animal protein sources.
It is a reliable source of vitamin B12 which is really beneficial to the health. Nutritional yeast is also a complete protein containing at least nine of the 18 amino acids that the body needs for proper functioning.
If there is a protein deficiency in the body, it can wreck havoc to the body. Some of them include; muscle and bone pain, joint pain, a sluggish metabolism, fatigue, low immune system, etc.
However, there are amazing benefits we can get from taking nutritional yeast, some of these benefits include;
1. Vitamin B12 which is part of the nutrients in nutritional yeast is important for the brain. It improves the brain and aids better cognitive performance.
2. Taking nutritional yeast also helps to stimulate the immune system.
3. It also contains compounds such as; mannan, trehalose, and glutathione, these compounds improve and maintain the cholesterol levels and help to reduce the risk of cancer.
4. Due to the antiviral and antibacterial properties of nutritional yeast, it is one of the best remedies for chronic candida symptoms, which is a specific type of yeast infection.
5. It also helps to improve the production of blood as well as its circulation.
6. Also, nutritional yeast has selenium contents which may help lower cholesterol naturally and can also naturally treat cancer.
7. Taking nutritional yeast also helps to improve the liver health, it promotes skin and hair health and it is also good for weight management.