– The importance of eating foods that are rich in carbohydrate.
– The amazing benefits of energy giving foods.
Energy giving foods or carbohydrate make up over a third of the food we eat, Hardly will a day pass that we will not eat starchy foods because we have
A carbohydrate is an energy giving food, it is also a food that is rich in starch and sugar. Examples of food that fall into this category include; yam, bread, cereals, rice, potato, cassava, cocoyam, etc.
Carbohydrates benefit the health and the body in a lot of ways. It is important to eat a balanced diet and since carbohydrate is one of the classes of foods, it is necessary that we eat a good amount of carbohydrate.
However, because energy giving foods contain starch, they cause weight gain, and this is why some people try to stay away from eating foods that fall into this category.
Energy giving foods benefit the body health in a lot of ways. Here are some of the health benefits of eating carbohydrates;
1. It is natural to find an amount of sugar in almost every food we eat. But carbohydrates are peculiar in the sense that they contain a good amount of sugar that supplies us with adequate energy to scale through the day.
Eating carbohydrates provide us with energy.
2. Also, energy giving foods are rich in fiber and fiber plays an important role in the health. Aside from the fact that it protects us from certain diseases, fiber help in quick digestion of foods.
Fiber also protects us and help us fight diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, etc.
3. Also, these foods give us freedom from heart diseases. For instance, eating legumes will help us in combating heart diseases.
4. Despite the fact that for a lot of people, eating carb lead to weight gain but the fact is that it can also help in reducing and controlling weight.
Selecting the type of carbs you eat is key if proper weight management is your goal.