– Cervical Pain; its causes and treatments.
– Effective remedies of neck pain.
Neck pain is also referred to as cervical pain, this occurs when an unpleasant sensation or discomfort is felt in the neck.
The neck consists of vertebrae that extend from the skull to the upper torso. Any abnormalities, inflammation, or injury on/in the neck can cause neck pain or stiffness.
The neck is particularly vulnerable to injury, especially in falls, car accidents, and sports, where the muscles and ligaments of the neck are forced to move outside of their normal range.
Also, any pain or injury in/or the neck affects the spinal cord as well. For instance, if the neck bones, or cervical vertebrae, are fractured, the spinal cord may also be damaged.
Neck pain can come from a number of disorders and diseases and can involve any of the tissues in the neck.
Causes of neck pain include:
1. Neck strain and neck injuries from falls, accidents, etc.
2.Degenerative disc disease and congenital abnormalities are also causes of pain in the neck..
3. Sitting too long at a desk without changing position.
4.Poor posture when sitting, walking and when sleeping with the neck in a bad postion also lad to neck pain.
5. Other causs of nck pain are; infections, cancer of the spine,infection in the throat.
We can treat pain in th neck in the following ways:
1. Apply cold ice or heat on the area you feel the pain.
2. Ice and heat therapy,
3. Also, you can treat the pain by doing exercise, stretching it, and doing physical therapy.
4. Prscribed pain medication, antibiotics (if it is infection) and injections can also be effective.
5. Good posture is also important.
6. You can also use muscle relaxants or a neck collar.
7. Some neck pain might require surgery, do not delay visiting a doctor if neck pain persists.