Endometritis; causes and treatments
– What is Endometritis and what are its causes.
– The major ways to treat endometritis.
Endometritis means the inflammation of the lining of the uterus, the uterus (womb) is a reproductive organ in women and it is where the development of the fetus takes place.
Endometritis usually occurs due to an infection.The diagnosis of endometritis is usually based on clinical findings and not based on any assumptions.
Also, at times this condition may occur alongside other health conditions such as an inflammation of the cervix called cervicitis.
Oftentimes, endometritis does not pose challenges to the life of the individual infected, but the individual should treat it without delay.
There are many things that might the cause of this condition, but the most common ones include the following;
It is generally caused by infections and those infections that can cause endometritis are:
1. STIs: these are sexually transmittable infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea.
2. If a patient undergoes a medical process that involves cutting or entering the uterus through the cervix, Endometritis can occur.
3. A mix of vagina bacteria can also be a cause.
4. Infections that are as a result of the aftermath of miscarriage or childbirth can also lead to endometritis.
There are a number of ways through which we can treat this condition, some of them include;
1. The major way of treating endometritis, especially in its acute stage is through surgical operations. The surgery will help to combat this health condition.
2. Doctors also prescribe antibiotics as a potent method of treating this condition. The doctors initiate broad-spectrum antibiotics as a means of treating it.
If the patient takes the antibiotics according to prescriptions, the effects will surface.
3. Also, for mild cases such as a case following vaginal delivery, oral antibiotics can be effective.
Most importantly you should consult your doctor before taking any step to fight endometritis.