– Eat healthy foods.
– Avoid junks.
Food is vital for your body, it has a lot of influence on the overall health.
The types of food you choose to eat will determine how strong and healthy you will be.
Food is vital for your body, it has a lot of influence on the overall health.The types of food you choose to eat will determine how strong and healthy you will be.
A balanced diet is an appropriate diet for the body. Eat good food that is full of nutritional values and can benefit the overall health.
Junk foods are cheap foods containing high levels of calories from sugar or fat with little fiber, protein, vitamins or minerals. Many hamburger outlets, fried chicken outlets, chips and the likes are junk foods.
Junk foods have side effects on the body, their dark sides include;
- These foods are often high in calories yet offer little or no nutritional value.
- They are highly processed and contain large amounts of carbohydrates, added sugar, unhealthy fats, and salt (sodium) which are not healthy.
- Junk foods and processed foods increase childhood obesity. Obesity can also play a role in the development of sleep apnea, a condition in which sleep is continually disrupted by shallow breathing and asthma.
- Being overweight is also a risk factor for a variety of chronic health problems including heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.
- Not only do junk foods add inches to your waistline, they can actually cause serious damage to your brain. Regular consumption of junks even for few days can lead to a mental meltdown.
- From the heart, brain to kidneys and liver, junks can ruin organs of your body.
- People who eat junks develop depression than those who do not. Especially in teenagers, they have mood swings and feel depresses often times.
- Excess sodium present in junks also increase your risk of developing osteoporosis which is thin and fragile bones.
- It can also trigger digestive problems.
- Addicts of fatty junk foods are liable to suffer from digestive problems, this is because of the deep frying process in junk foods.
- The oil in junk food gets deposited on the walls of the stomach lining and increases acid production.
- Junk food lacks most of the essential nutrients like proteins and vitamins required for maintenance of overall health and functioning of all the systems in your body.
Although it makes you feel full and satisfied, it fails to provide you with instant energy.
It can also cause fatigue and weakness, making you feel weak and tired after a while. Junk foods also lessen one’s ability to control appetite and are also addictive in nature.
Many people tend to rely solely on junk foods, this is not good for the health. Cultivate a good eating habit, eat a balanced diet.