Dancing and the health
– The importance of dancing.
– Benefits of dancing to the health.
Dancing involves movements of rhythmic steps that are usually performed to the beat of a music. Dancing also means different things to different categories of people.
To some, it is a form of pleasure and social interaction, To some, it is a job, a task they perform to earn a living. To others, it is just a form of exercise. The functions of dancing depend on the individual dancing.
Also, there are diverse forms of dancing, such as barn dancing, Morris, ballroom and disco dancing.
Dancing, in all its forms, is very beneficial to the health. There is a relationship between dancing and health and t; here are vital roles dancing play in the overall well-being.
Health benefits of dancing are numerous, they include;
1. Though dancing is enjoyable, it aids aerobic fitness, we stay fit and are more physically active when we dance. It helps in the improvement of aerobic.
2. It is potent as a stress reliever. When you are stressed out, find a partner to dance with and you will be surprised by the relief you will get from the exercise.
It also helps in reducing depression level.
3. Dancing also keeps us energized and increases muscular strength. It also increases physical performance, stronger bones and boosts the energy level.
4. It also promotes heart health, it is great for people who have, or are at the risk cardiovascular disease. It helps to improve breathing.
5. Dance as an exercise also aids good coordination of the body, it builds the body in an agile way and it also increases flexibility.
6. It is also a good means by which we can manage our weight effectively. It is effective for weight loss and helps to balance the body.
Dancing as a form of exercise also helps in maintaining a healthy living and fights against health challenging diseases.