– How to kill ticks if they are in your home.
– The right ways to get rid of a tick.
A tick is a tiny woodland eight-legged creature, it belongs to the suborder ‘Ixodidae’. Despite the fact that it is a tiny creature, it poses a lot of danger.
Also, a tick belongs to the same class as spiders—arachnids, that is why they have eight legs, unlike some insects with six legs.
It is also something of great concern whenever people have it in their homes, people hate ticks and they do not want them in their places of dwelling.
Ticks carry germs, infections, and diseases which they can transmit to the human body if they have their way.
A tick can transmit Lyme disease, this is a bacterial infection that can cause chronic fatigue, joint pain, and other problems if we leave it without treatment.
Lyme disease is the most chronic of all the diseases that ticks transmit. Other diseases that a tick can transmit also include; babesiosis, anaplasmosis, ehrlichiosis etc.
However, it is important to note that not all ticks are infected with the disease.
In most cases, it is difficult to detect a tick because of its tiny size. It is often difficult to spot them especially when they are still very tiny and not yet mature.
There are some ways through which we can get rid of a tick it is not good to kill a tick with your bare hands. Never crush the tick with your fingers even after removing it, because this may still transmit disease.
Some of the ways to kill ticks include the following;
1. You can use chemicals to kill ticks, just pour a little chemical on the area you spot them.
2. Also, there are some tick repellent chemicals that we can put on our clothing, using the chemical prevent the tick from staying on your clothes or even the body.
3. If a tick has made contact with your body, clean the area thoroughly with soap and water, rubbing alcohol, or an iodine scrub.
4. You can also use the method of adding nail polish, oil, etc on the tick to remove it.