– The likely benefits that we can get from guava seeds.
– Some basic reasons that make guava of good importance.
Guava is a tropical fruit that has yellow, green or brown skin, it belongs to the family of ‘Psidium guava. It is a fruit that many people love, it tastes like a combination of pear and strawberry. It is also nutritious and delicious.
Guavas are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, niacin, thiamine, iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, and some other nutrients that are vital to the health.
Often when we eat fruits, we discard their seeds because we think that they do not digest, this assumption is actually correct for many seeds even guava seeds inclusive.
However, it has been found out that guava seeds have certain health benefits they contribute to the health. Guava contains many seeds, pink or white depending on the fruit color and the seeds are often hard.
It can be dangerous if you consume the seeds alone, you can eat guava alongside its seeds.
Some of the benefits of guava seeds include;
1. Guava seeds contain antioxidants and are also rich in some essential nutrients such as fatty acids, these are beneficial to the health.
2. The seeds of guava contain Carotene, glycosides, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds, they also contain antibiotics and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Guava fruits and seeds help in reducing high blood pressure because they are high in antioxidants and potassium. They help to regulate blood pressure.
4. Also, the antioxidants that are present in guava seeds are important in preventing and controlling cancer as they help the body defend itself from the proliferation of free radicals.
5. They also contain bioactive compounds that help to control body weight. Also, they help to control the concentration of glucose in the blood, ‘glycemia’ and high amounts of lipids in the blood.
They also help to control the triglyceride levels and other factors that contribute to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.